Archive for internet
While studying Tom Antion’s book, Click, The Ultimate Guide to Electronic Marketing for Speakers, and his three-prong approach to Internet marketing, I came across a section on Google penalties and how to avoid them. The book describes five common penalties, the causes and what you can do to make sure your website isn’t penalized. Whether you are having a web designer create a new website for you or you have an existing website, arming yourself with this knowledge can prevent a lot of grief in the long run. It’s definitely a case of what you don’t know can hurt you.
The book cautions against the practices listed below:
- Linking to sites that are banned or penalized.
- Having dozens and dozens of new links coming to the exact same page over again with the same anchor text.
- Adding links to your site too fast.
- Running more than one site off a single IP address, and heavily cross linking those sites.
- Stuffing keywords into your website
- Piling up excessive reciprocal links, directory submissions, backlinks from unrelated or low-quality sites.
- Using too many links from sites that do not match your theme or industry niche.
- Using stagnant linking strategies, obvious over-optimization and just general neglect.
- Buying your way into the search results with paid links or link farm.
- Being heavy on AdSense but light in content.
- Using over optimization, poor or irrelevant link schemes and poor content.
To learn more about these common practices and the how to avoid the penalties Google imposes for using them, see http://www.antion.com/click.htm. If you would like to know more about designing your website using acceptable webmaster principles, visit http://imtcva.org/program/curriculum/.
Being a single/stay at home parent in the world today is very difficult with lay off’s and downsizing. By finding something that your good at and love to do, you can sell on-line nationwide. Even if it’s a service that you are selling you can always get Advertisers and Affiliates. There are more options/benefits by working online.
Look forward to overcome the insecurity; You can work from home, work at your own pace, build your own site, do research, and optimize. You will everything you need to know from start to finish. Stop thinking that you’re out of options and you don’t know what to do next. We have what everyone is looking for that will make all your worries go away!
Once you have joined the Internet Marketing Training Center and completed the courses, you will then know all you need to know. Then you can start thinking about….
- Setting up your own hours to build a new source of income
- Being you own boss
- Taking orders from know one
- Saving money by working from home
- Staying at home with the kids during the day and working at night, that way your not missing any family time.
- When you start selling on-line you don’t close at a certain time, you are open 24/7. So while you are sleeping you are making money!
- Feeling independent and knowing that you have a reliable source of income.
- No more late payments, because you don’t have enough money to cover the bill, all bills will be paid on time!
There are so many possibilities with working on-line; The Internet Marketing Training Center will help that happen. See you soon!
Marc – the Video Guy – wanted to show you around the school. The building is ready for students and we are almost there as well. Although the school looks empty now, it’s not going to stay that way for long. Be sure to check out what the Internet Marketing Training Center is all about. Take advantage of this great resource and direct your career where you want it to go.
I’m looking forward to the school opening; it is what everyone is looking for. While we’re waiting for everything to come together which it is, very nicely. We have Marc (Video Editor) updating The Lessons w/ video and adding them to the site. Nick (Graphic Designer) is adding text to our school sites he is also working on the cover for the catalog, brochure, and the business cards.
Our writer Judy is making a different version of The Million Dollar Mouse; also she is doing guest speaker interviews with people that Tom has helped become famous with his knowledge of Internet Marketing. Colin (Social Media/Professor) is working on making the Camtasia video’s for the Internet Marketing Training Center’s Curriculum. That’s all I have for today come back for more updates. Thank you for visiting, your comments are important to us, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Corinne, Here from Inside the Internet Marketing Training Center